Wednesday, September 08, 2010

What's New

It has been a while since I have posted on here. I have some great news! I got married back in May of this year. I'm happy to be married again. I spent ten years alone after my first husband and I divorced.

I have also started back to college again. I am hoping to get my teaching degree within the next few years. My husband,Pat, is proud of me and supports me going to school 100%! He is hoping once I get a teaching job, he can retire, plant a garden and take care of our home :)

I don't do as much writing as I used to do, not that I did a lot but I used to set aside time to do some writing. I have started a newsletter for the direct selling company that I am working. It has been taking a lot of my time plus having to write essays for the Comp II class I am taking.

This year has flown by. I work at a Wal-Mart part time and I only have 7 more paychecks til Christmas! I can't believe it is that close. I haven't even started my shopping yet. I guess I need to do that soon and get it over with, lol.

I had a dear friend pass away about a week and a half ago. She was 93 years old. She was a sweet lady who cared about others more than she did herself. She will be greatly missed by all of us.

My husband's dad passed away a week after he and I started dating. His mother had passed away a couple of years ago, so I didn't get to know my in-laws well at all. We go to dinner with his two brothers every other weekend so I have got to know them somewhat. I text and facebook with his sister since she lives in another state.

Well I'm going to try and post on here more often. I just need to get my brain in gear and start writing stories again!

No comments: