Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Writing Prompts

Make up your own bumper stickers. Take 10 minutes and think of as many as you can. Later on you can add to your list if you'd like.

Here are the ones I came up with:

One Hot Mama Behind the Wheel

Follow Me to Paradise

Honk If You're Sexy AND Rich

READ: It Makes You Smarter

READ: It Exercises Your Brain Cells

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Straight, Stupid

B.O.B. - Blonde On Board

Blind Date = Sheer Torture

CAUTION: Hot Mama Behind the Wheel

S.O.W. - Sexy, Older, Wiser

CAUTION: Major Hottie Behind the Wheel

CAUTION: This Vehicle Stops at All Bookstores


Ok there's my list of bummber sticker sayings. If I think up more I will add them here.

Please feel free to post your list in my comments section. I'd love to see what everyone else can come up with.


Here is another prompt for you:

Take 2o minutes and write about the worst present you ever received.

Here is my worst present story:

The worst present I ever received was the one I got from my husband (now ex) on our first Christmas together as a married couple.

I was very excited when I got up that Christmas morning. I just knew my wonderful husband had got me the greatest gift ever!

The first give I opened was a stuffed Panda bear. It was cute-wasn't what I was expecting but not bad either. I had collected stuffed animals when I was younger. So at least it was something personal.

My heart was beating fast when he brought out a big package for me. I was like, oh my gosh, what can it be?

Imagine my shock and disappointment when I discovered my gift was a . . . VACUUM CLEANER!

I kept asking him where my real gift was and he said that was really it. I think I ended up crying. I was four months pregnant at the time and very hormonal. I couldn't believe the gift he gave me was so impersonal. I obviously kept the gift but during the rest of our ten year marriage, he NEVER bought me another appliance as a gift again.

I hope you enjoyed my story. Feel free to post your worst gift story in my comments section. I'd love to hear about the worst gifts others received. I'm sure some of you got worse ones than I did.

Thanks for reading and until next time, stay safe and keep on writing :-)

Lana

P.S. I forgot to mention that I got these writing prompts from Writer's Digest website. If you'd like to find lots more prompts to choose from go to http://www.writersdigest.com/.

No comments: