Thursday, January 20, 2011

Where Did the Time Go?

It's hard for me to believe that 2010 is gone and that January 2011 is almost over as well. I managed to make "A's" in both of my college classes I took last semester. I miss my friends I made in my Comp II class!

  I'm looking forward to this semester though because I get to do my first Internship at a school. I will be going one day a week for 8 weeks. I'm looking forward to being involved at a school again. I miss my old job and I'll be so glad when I finish getting my teaching degree.
 
  My daughter, Holly, is all excited about her Prom. She has been looking at dresses in magazines and trying to decide which one she wants. She is also saving up money to get her hair and nails done. I'm excited for her to and in some ways, sad. Next year she'll have another Prom and then she'll be graduating :( My "baby" is almost all grown up.
 
 I'm going to be going on vacation in a couple of months. I doubt if I'll go anywhere but it will be nice to have a week away from Wal-Mart! I'm hoping Pat, Holly and I can  go somewhere in May for a nice vacation. Pat and I went to San Antonio last year for our Honeymoon and we had a lot of fun. I'd like to go somewhere different this year. He's trying to get me to go somewhere on his motorcycle but I'm not too thrilled about that idea!! I'm scared of riding on them.

  I'd like to go back to Eureka Springs. Holly and I went there a few years ago and visited the Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge. We both enjoyed it except for the heat, we went there in July. It would be fun to go back this spring. I have always had a soft spot for big cats. They are such beautiful animals!!

  I haven't had any story ideas lately. That makes me sad :(  I wish I could get myself motivated to write. I think having to write all those essays last semester put me off writing. None of them were ones that I could be creative with. We had topics we had to write over and that was not fun. I can understand how students feel when a teacher tells them what to write about. It is more enjoyable if you like what you are writing about. I will have to remember that when I get my own classroom :)

  I'm hoping to post on here more often but between working, going to school, homework, and laundry, I don't have a lot of time.

 Until next time,
Lana
 

 

No comments: